LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Prairie Creek Library


category : Historic Buildings
The Prairie Creek Library was built in 1896 as a carriage house and later transformed into a treatment and recreation building for the Keeley Institute. The building has been on the National Registry of Historic Places,since 1980.


Address: 501 Carriage House Ln.
Phone: 815-584-3061

Come visit us in Dwight, Illinois

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Keeley Institute

The Institute for Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation was built in 1876, then closed in approximately 1940

Dwight, IL Historic Buildings

Historical Society Museum

The depot, built in 1916, is now the home of the Dwight Historical Society. The purpose is to preserve the history and culture the pertains to the Dwight area. The museum is listed on the National Register of Historical Sites

Dwight, IL Museums

Prairie Creek Library

The Prairie Creek Library was built in 1896 as a carriage house and later transformed into a treatment and recreation building for the Keeley Institute. The building has been on the National Registry of Historic Places,since 1980

Dwight, IL Historic Buildings

The Windmill

The Windmill was built in 1896 to supply water for the Oughton Estate and its grounds. The windmill was donated to the Village of Dwight in 2001

Dwight, IL Historic Buildings

Bank Of Dwight

The Bank of Dwight built in 1855, is the oldest business institution in the village. The Greek Classic design building was remodeled in 1974

Dwight, IL Historic Buildings

Things to do Historic Buildings near Dwight, IL

Dominy Memorial Library

A turn-of-the-century domed building has had interior restoration to preserve features of the building. It is now an up to da...

Keeley Institute

The Institute for Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation was built in 1876, then closed in approximately 1940. Some buildings are st...

English Farm

As you drive by this farm, your eye is drawn upward to a towering brick structure near the modern brick home. The building, e...

Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Danville

The VA Medical Center was established by an Act of Congress in 1896 by Danville native, Joseph G. Cannon, a member of the Hou...

The Windmill

The Windmill was built in 1896 to supply water for the Oughton Estate and its grounds. The windmill was donated to the Villag...