The first Church in Rittenhouse was constructed in 1921 on the east side of Ellsworth Road, just north of the railroad tracks, in the community we all now know as Queen Creek. Although the Historical Society's records don'
The Old Rittenhouse Elementary School, was built in 1925. Used as a school through 1982, this building is now on the National Registry for Historic Places. Ever wondered how Power, Sossaman, Hawes and Ellsworth roads got their names? Who was Rittenhouse? Where was the first school?
During the 1930s, Chandler Heights was a bustling little community. Stretching seven miles along the Hunt Highway at the base of the San Tan Mountains, it offered perfect soil for citrus trees, a mostly mild climate, methods of crop irrigation and beautiful views.