Learn about the time when Laredo was its own country. Seven flags have flown over quaint, one-story building. Whitewashed plaster covers walls of rock and adobe that measure more than two feet thick. Now a museum, building served as capitol of unsuccessful Republic of the Rio Grande; displays guns, saddles, house-hold goods of frontier homes with emphasis on period of Rio Grande Republic, 1839-41. Located at 1000 Zaragosa St., just south of San Agustn Plaza. Webb County Heritage Foundation Trolley tours are also available Tues . - Thurs. 9 a.m., Sat. 10 a.m.
Hours: Tues. - Sat. 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Sun. 1 - 4 p.m.
Address: 1005 Zaragoza St.
Our Website: www.webheritage.org
Come visit us in Laredo, Texas