Headquartered in the restored Rock Island Depot, The Chickasha Antique Auto Club maintains a transportation museum to the preserve the history of antique automobiles, early transportation, and the city of Chickasha with its surrounding area.
The Club is fortunate to own the very second fire truck the city of Chickasha purchased. This truck is a 1928 American LaFrance pumping truck delivered to the City of Chickasha in August, 1928. The Club has maintained the truck since it was given to the Club in 1971. The truck still has the original tires which are severely weathered and in need of being replaced. Also some mechanical repairs are required to allow this truck to be safely driven in parades and other celebrations. Plans are in the works to restore the truck to it original glory, and these repairs are the first step in this process.
The Chickasha Antique Auto Club, founded on January 9, 1969, receives funding from its two Antique Auto Swap Meets - one in the spring and one in the fall. Proceeds from forty plus years of Swap Meets have enabled the Club to build a museum building in Borden Park and with the help of a grant to save from destruction and restore the Rock Island Depot. Both of these building have been donated to the City of Chickasha.
To encourage people to visit Chickasha, the Club has promoted car shows, parades, and Swap Meets. The Club also supports a local mission for the homeless, church groups and other charitable programs.
Hours: 10:30a - 3p M-W-F (Other times available by calling)
Address: 100 E Chickasha Ave Chickasha, OK 73018
Our Email: email@example.com
Come visit us in Chickasha, Oklahoma