The O'Loughlin house was called, "The Little White House", as it was the largest building in the town and was the center for social gatherings, church services, meetings and housed visiting dignitaries.
The White House is the oldest two-story house in Lakin. It was built in 1875
Chouteau's Island was the largest island of timber on the Arkansas River in this area. In the spring of 1816, Auguste Pierre Chouteau was returning to Missouri with several other fur trappers when they were attacked by a large party of Pawnee Indians. Chouteau'
Beymer Water Recreation Park offers a variety of activities for the outdoorsman. Swimmers may cool off at the designated swim beach, while picnickers enjoy a barbecue on the many tables and grills. A covered picnic shelter is available for large parties. Reservations may be made at the County Clerk\
The Commercial Hotel built in 1883 and run by Mrs. W.P. Loucks, had a good trade. Mrs. Loucks, the genial hostess, was the pioneer hotel keeper of Lakin. She came here in 1879 when Lakin was a way station on the Santa Fe and opened an eating house for the railroad employees.