Rossville, on the west side of the Great Miami River, existed as a separate city from 1810 to 1854 when it merged with the city of Hamilton. The area is bounded by Main Street, The Great Miami River, Millikin Street and South ?D? Street. With 116 buildings, most of which were built between 1840 and 1900, the district now protects buildings to aid in an understanding of the community?s history.
Some of the most significant homes are seen on Ross Avenue and ?D? Street. Windows, gables, roof styles, porches, columns, stone lintels and steps and other hallmarks help identify the architectural roots of these early buildings. Hamilton?s heritage is obviously strong and proud. A free walking tour of Hamilton's historic district is available by contacting the Greater Hamilton CVB at 1-800-311-5353.
Come visit us in Hamilton, Ohio