LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Saint Jo, Texas

Saint Jo was originally known as Head of Elm when it was established in 1856 on the springs that were headwaters of the Elm Fork of the Trinity River. It was later renamed for Joe Howell who laid out the townsite. Howell allegedly opposed the sale of liquor in town, thus giving both himself and town the name of "Saint Jo." The community located on U.S. 82 between Wichita Falls and Sherman was an important watering stop where the Chisholm Trail and the California Road crossed. Raids took place as late as 1874.

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Things to do near Saint Jo, TX

Glen Garden Golf & Country Club

Course Access: Semi-PrivateHoles: 18Reserve Advance Tee Times: 7 days...

Bastrop Opera House

Bastrop Opera House, circa 1889, features a wide variety of year-round dinner theater productions in an informal Victorian se...

Bonham Lake

Bonham Lake is a 1,020 acres lake with a Recreation Area on the east side of the lake providing a public boat ramp, handicap ...

The Nutcracker Golf Club

This private golf club offers 18 holes at a par 72 on its 6,743 yard course....

Colo Vista Country Club

Course Access: Semi-PrivateHoles: 18Reserve Advance Tee Times: 3 days...