LASR.net Homepage




Menu

San Angelo, Texas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Miss Hattie's Museum

Restored "ladies of the evening" saloon/"parlor house" that was a surreptitious San Angelo landmark for decades. Faithfully re stored with original furnishings and fashions to depict living style of those who entertained soldiers, ranchers and cowboys. House operated from mid-1800

San Angelo, TX Historic Buildings

Fort Concho

One of the best preserved frontier military posts west of the Mississippi, this National Historic Landmark consists of 23 original and restored buildings on 40 acres near downtown. Established 1867

San Angelo, TX Forts

Visitor Information Center

Brand new facility located on the banks of the Concho River between U.S. 87 north and south. Close to the Historic District, Museum of Fine Arts, Paseo, Fort Concho, Water Lily Garden and other attractions. The 1,600

San Angelo, TX Information Centers

San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts and Education Center

This sleek, new facility offers varied and changing exhibits of different media from many eras. This is a cooperative project between SAMFA and Angelo State Univ. The 22,000-square-foot facility is on the Concho River adjacent to the Bill Aylor Sr. Memorial RiverStage. It'

San Angelo, TX Museums


Things to do near San Angelo, TX

Yoakum County Park

A party house and RV campsites are available for a small rental fee. The park also features an 18-hole golf course. Six miles...

Robert Wood Johnson Museum of Frontier Medicine

Instruments, medicines, surgical kits, hospital furniture, and other items of a typical 19th-century frontier hospital; some ...

City Parks

16 parks offer extensive picnic facilities, tennis courts, sports fields, playground equipment, swimming pools, and two 18-ho...

Knox County Museum

Barbed-wire collection and other relics from early settlers on view in county courthouse, which was built in 1936 to replace ...

The Cross

Rising 100 feet from the rolling prairie, The Cross was built by the Jim and Doris Studer family in 1993. It measures 70 feet...