Upcoming Events in Sandusky Ohio
|23 - 24||
Arctic Ice Festival
- Come visit Lake Erie in the winter and watch ice boat races on the bay and demonstrations of ice sculpting, ice harvesting and ice fishing. The museum will be open with children's activities and a speaker and concessions stands will be available Events will take place at the Sandusky Sailing Club, Sandusky Bay Pavilion, Meigs Street Pier at Battery Park and the Maritime Museum of Sandusky, weather permitting.
Address: Downtown Sandusky, 125 Meigs Street , Sandusky, Ohio
International Museum Day & May Day
- Nautical Flea Market, kids' activities and boat rides will be available. The Blessing of the Fleet takes place along with additional activities at the Merry-Go-Round Museum, the Maritime Museum of Sandusky, Eleutheros Cooke House & Garden and the Follett House Museum.
Address: Maritime Museum, 125 Meigs Str. , Sandusky, Ohio
|15 - 16||
NASA Open House ? Sandusky
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) will celebrate its 50th Anniversary during 2008. Our theme is "NASA @ 50: Exploring for Answers, Powering Our Future."
In Ohio, the public is invited to join the NASA Glenn Research Center in our celebration. We will be having an open house at our Plum Brook Station in Sandusky. (Two weeks earlier we will open our main campus in Cleveland.) This is a unique opportunity for visitors of all ages to get a glimpse of what lies behind our gates including the world's largest space environment simulation chamber that has tested parts of rockets, Mars landers and space stations.
Enthusiastic NASA staff will guide the public through world-class facilities and share the technologies behind some of the Nation's greatest innovations. Each day will feature activities for kids. And it's all free! Check our Web site for special security guidelines and parking information.
Address: NASA Glenn Plum Brook Station
|21 - 30||
North Coast Thunder Rally: Ohio's Bike Week
- Area bikers gather for a tour of some great destinations along Lake Erie. Stops include Toledo, Put-in-Bay and Cedar point. Local events are also on the schedule.
Address: Milan Road , Sandusky, Ohio
|21 - 13||
Friday Lunchtime Gazebo Series
- Bring your chair, sit back and enjoy the music every Friday afternoon in Downtown Sandusky's beautiful Washington Park. A variety of music from area groups is offered.
"Blarney Bash" Irish Festival
- The City of Sandusky's Annual Blarney Bash Irish Festival takes place at the Sandusky Bay Pavilion overlooking the beautiful Sandusky Bay and Cedar Point!
The Festival features fantastic Irish music, dance, and food plus activities for all ages! The grounds of the Pavilion includes children's activities and the event will feature musical entertainment and activities for all ages. Don't forget to wear something green!
You'll truly enjoy your visit to the scenic and historic city of Sandusky! While you are here, take time to visit our historic shoreline, downtown, and award-winning parks.
Address: Sandusky Bay Pavilion, 605 E. Water Street , Sandusky, Ohio
Old Fashioned Stars and Stripes Celebration
- Stroll downtown Sandusky scenic streets and enjoy games, food vendors and activities. Local organizations sponsor booths and activities for children and adults.
Address: Washington Park, Washington Row & Columbus Ave. , Sandusky, Ohio
|18 - 16||
Party at the Plaza
- A great outdoor event held on Fridays in July. Musical groups perform on the bandstand set up in front of Sandusky Bay. The plaza provides a good location to meet with friends. Food and drink are also available.
Address: Columbus Ave. and Shoreline Dr. , Sandusky, Ohio
|17||Toast of Ohio Wine Festival - A celebration of wine, music, and song set in downtown Sandusky and hosted by local nonprofit museums. This is an opportunity to taste some of Ohio's best wines from wineries across the state in a relaxed atmosphere. Local restaurants are highlighting top recipes for visitors to taste. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit both museums. Children and family events at the museums.|
"Viva Italia" Italian Festival
- Sandusky's "Viva Italia" Italian Festival takes place on Saturday from 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Sandusky Bay Pavilion overlooking the beautiful waters of Sandusky Bay and Cedar Point.
Everyone loves pizza, pasta, and fabulous Italian food.
|3 - 8||
Erie County Fair
- A great county fair offering the best in exhibits, food, games and rides. Visit the animal barn and auction. Evening events include live music and a tractor pull.
Address: Erie County Fairgrounds, 3110 Columbus Ave. , Sandusky, Ohio
|6 - 7||
Maritime Museum of Sandusky Big Splash Raffle
- The Maritime Museum of Sandusky presents the annual event on the Sandusky Bay waterfront. $100 tickets are sold for prizes of cash, new model cars and trucks and Harley Davidson motorcycles. Tickets can be purchased in advance by anyone 18 or older at the Maritime Museum and the Erie County Visitors Bureau. The event features a party for ticketholders on the day of the raffle.
Address: Sandusky Bay Pavilion, Meigs & Water Streets , Sandusky, Ohio
|19 - 22||
North American In-Water Boat Show
- The annual North American In-Water Sail and Power Boat Show features over 700 power and sail boats, including new and pre-enjoyed models. Hundreds of marine accessories, displays and attractions. Tickets available online.
Address: Cedar Point Marina, One Cedar Point Drive , Sandusky, Ohio
|21||"Fiesta Latina" Mexican-Latino Festival - Come celebrate the food and culture of our friend's 'south of the border' with 'Fiesta Latina- Mexican-Latino Festival. NEW this year, event includes International Chili Society Cook-Off!! Relax, dance, and dine on delicious tacos, tortillas, and other tantalizing foods. Admission and parking is free. Bring your own lawn chairs. No pets, coolers, etc. Vendor space is available.|
|28 - 29||
Annual Woodcarvers Show
- This is a chance to see more than 20 woodcarvers demonstrate their art and creations. Rides on the antique carousel are $1 all day and there is free admission to the museum. Exhibits change annually and unique carousel-theme items can be found in the museum gift store.
Address: Mery-Go-Round Museum, 301 Jackson Str. , Sandusky, Ohio
|3 - 4||
Cruisin' by the Bay Annual Classic Car Show
- This annual classic car show takes over the downtown streets of Sandusky where spectators can browse close to 400 cars and enjoy the "buzzing of the ave" - just as it was done in the 60s. There will also be entertainment, food, prizes and more. Voted #1 Downtown Car Cruise-In by Cruisinâ€™ Times Magazine readers, Cruisin' by the Bay is an event not to miss. Trophies, Dash Plaques, FREE T-shirts to all registrants before July 31.
A portion of Cruisin' by the Bay proceeds help support the North Coast Cancer Patient Services Fund. The fund provides local support for cancer patient services, patient financial assistance, programs and education.
Address: Historic downtown , Sandusky, Ohio
|24 - 23||
Cedar Point's HalloWeekends
- With outdoor scare zones and haunted houses to live entertainment and themed children's attractions, HalloWeekends, Cedar Point's annual fall festival of frights and fun, will haunt the peninsula for the 15th year. HalloWeekends combines the park's unmatched collection of rides and roller coasters with a broad assortment of Halloween attractions that have made it a Halloween tradition for many families. You know what else is SCARY? All of this is FREE WITH ADMISSION!
Four haunted houses, five tremendously terrifying nighttime attractions, special entertainment and decorations, a parade and lots of daytime fun for kids
Enjoy HalloWeekends Fri. evenings*, Sat. and Sun. thru October.
|9||Boo at the Bay - Participate in pirate and Halloween related activities, games, crafts and more! Held at the Maritime Museum and the Sandusky Bay Pavilion and hosted by Maritime Museum. 12 - 4pm.|
Downtown Sandusky's Christmas Lighting
- Sandusky's beautiful Washington Park takes on a warm Christmas glow at this annual lighting ceremony to kick-off the Christmas holiday. Local bands and choirs provide the musical backdrop as Santa arrives to delight the child in all of us.
Address: Washington Park, Washington Row & Columbus Ave. , Sandusky, Ohio