The St. Francis Xavier Church is one of Burlington's older churches, built in 1901. It replaced a frame building built in 1871.Parishioners excavated a basement beneath the existing building in 1954 and outfitted it as a church hall.
Mass was offered by missionary priests as early as 1859
In early Coffey County history, farmers brought their wheat to this well-known Burlington landmark situated at the east end of Kennebec Street.
The elevator building is all that remains of the Excelsior Water Mills, built in 1869
The Post Office building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 17, 1989 for its association with the Treasury Department?s Section Program and for the artistic significance of the sculpture it contains. The sculpture "Boy and Colt"
This home was built in 1889 by Burlington banker, Thomas Foster. As was the custom in the Victorian era, the home is filled with fancy woodwork, stained glass windows, fireplaces, open stairways, and many other special accents.