The German-Lutheran congregation was established in 1886, and the present frame church building was constructed in 1925-26. The life styles of German immigrant farmers in the community were reflected in the building of a simple yet functional house of worship, which also served as a center for social activities.
The property also includes the cemetery, established in 1888. Church services were discontinued in 1973. The building is still used for various religious functions, and it listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Come visit us in Hayes Center, Nebraska