The Old Log Hotel is Stockton's first hotel erected in 1871. Joseph McNulty, the owner, operated it for cattlemen moving west. The original site is across the street to the north where Stockton High School currently is.
In 1923 a new courthouse replaced the native stone structure of 1881. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Rooks County Courthouse is a source of local pride.
A permanent memorial in front of the courthouse honors individuals who served in the nation's armed services.
Rooks County's French Canadian and German ancestry and the region's history can be reviewed at the Museum where the past is preserved for both present and future generations.
The museum contains tourist information, local history exhibits, and genealogy capabilities.