After Governor Charles N. Haskell's declaration on May 6, 1910, that Stilwell was the permanent county seat of Adair County, the county records were moved from Westville to Stilwell for the last time.... Adair County Courthouse
In 1840, when the Western Cherokee Nation was organized, there were nine districts created. Flint and Goingsnake were two districts located in what is now the Adair County area. Flint was the smallest... Flint Courthouse
In 1992, this patriotic memorial to the veteran's of all wars was dedicated on the front lawn of the Adair County Courthouse.
"Lest We Forget" those men who made the ultimate sacrifice to ensure the peace and security of their fellow man.
"Established among the western Cherokees by Dr. Marcus Palmer in 1829 under the auspices of Boston based American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions. First located in Pope County, Arkansas Territory, and known as Mulberry Mission.