LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Stone House in City Park


category : Famous Homes
Stone House in City Park This house was built in the 1880s and is currently owned by the City of Alma. Several prominent business persons were associated with its history. Herman Richter was responsible for the building of the home. Mr. Richter lived in this house and owned and operated a funeral home that was located on the now vacant lot on mainstreet.

Mr. John Limerick held a mortgage on the property at one time.

Mr. Fred Lutz and his wife lived in the house and he owned several different businesses in Alma. At this time efforts are being made to preserve this house.


Address: City Park

Come visit us in Alma, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Clapboard Ravine Drive

This is a beautiful scenic seven mile drive through the Flint Hills. This drive starts just north of Alma on the gravel road heading east past the Clapboard Acres housing development. About 1 1/2

Alma, KS Scenic Drives

Schroeder/Ringel Residence

This native stone home was built by Gus Schroeder in 1888. The Schroeder home and the date built are inscribed on the stone scroll above the front door. The exterior from the 100

Alma, KS Famous Homes

City Well and Log Cabin

The City Well is a hand dug well enclosed in a native stone building, which was built in 1930. Well No. 3 was one of seven wells of which three were hand jug wells that supplied water to the City of Alma. In 1967

Alma, KS Historic Buildings

Wabaunsee Co. Historical Society & Museum

A focal point for visitors near and far. The museum features turn-of- the-century farm exhibits, a blacksmith shop, leather-making display, an early day doctor's office, an 1880 schoolroom, a 1928

Alma, KS Museums

Peace United Church of Christ

This native stone church was erected in 1881. Peter Land and August Beutel were responsible for the construction of the church. The bell and tower were added in 1897, as a gift of Johann and Maria Klockman.

Alma, KS Historic Churches

Things to do Famous Homes near Alma, KS

Plumb Place

Carrie Plumb was the widow of Emporia Founder and United States Senator Preston B. Plumb. She built the house in 1895 around ...

Samuel N. Wood Home

The Sam Wood House (also known as the Nelson Ranch), the original part was built in the 1860's and is now known as "Buck Cree...

Lyons/Hamblet Residence

This house was once the scene of much activity. It was the Lyons Boarding House before many hotels or restaurants were built....

Sage/Laverty Residence

This house, built in the early 1880s was originally a four room house, owned by Frank I. Sage. Mr. Sage added four more rooms...