The original depot burned in 1902 and was replaced in 1903. In 1913, due in part to the very heavy passenger and freight traffic, a new brick depot trimmed in native cut limestone was built for a cost of $20,000
Chase State Fishing Lake and Wildlife Area lies in the center of the scenic Flint Hills region of Kansas. The 109-acre lake was constructed in 1964. The lake and surrounding 383 acre wildlife area are owned and managed by the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks.
When Stephen F. Jones built his home in the 1880's, it was a crowning achievement in his career as a cattleman. Built with hand-cut native limestone, the 11-room house is characteristic of the Second Empire style of 19