The Tecumseh Opera House is a two-story brick building on the west side of the courthouse square. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the building was built in 1880 by W.R. Spicknell and W.H. Hassett.
Established in 1857, Johnson County is one of the earliest counties in Nebraska. Tecumseh, which was
designated the county seat, was platted in 1856. The present courthouse dates from the 1880s period of
The Johnson County Historical Society Museum complex consists of three historic buildings with the main building and the rural schoolhouse located at one site and the Old Jail standing on its original location nearby. The main museum is housed in the historic Christian Church that was built in 1888