LASR.net Homepage




Menu


The Famous Store


category : Historic Buildings
The Famous Store James Lobsitz founded the Famous Store in October of 1893 in a modest frame building a half a block east of the present building. His general merchandise business prospered and he erected the 50 by 90 foot two-story brick building in 1908. The second floor was home for the Masonic and Knights of Pythias lodges and attorney offices including Henry S. Johnston, one-time governor of Oklahoma. Fire gutted the building in July of 1931. It was one of the largest fires ever in the city limits. The building was completely remodeled and received a partial face-lifting in 1947. More remodeling was done in 1953.


Address: 626 Cedar Street, south side of the courthouse square.

Come visit us in Perry, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

"Hopes and Dreams" Statue

"This sculpture and the plaza surrounding it are dedicated to the honor of all the stalwart men and women who took part in the greatest land rush of all time - the celebrated Cherokee Strip Run, held on September 16, 1893.

Perry, OK Arts


The Christoph Block Building

Charles Christoph built this building in 1900

Perry, OK Historic Buildings

The Pancoast Building

J.A.. Pancoast, a lawyer, erected this building in approximately 1905

Perry, OK Historic Buildings

The Joseph Foucart Building

Perhaps the most striking building in the downtown Perry business district area is the two-story red brick structure listed on the National Register of Historic Places

Perry, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do Historic Buildings near Perry, OK