LASR.net Homepage




Menu

The Wolcott Building


category : Historic Buildings
The Wolcott Building National Register of Historic Places

A typical example of a Victorian storefront with angled doorway and iron column, this two-story building built in 1903 of Chandler-made brick is today a floral and gift store and several offices.It was built by pioneer physician Dr. A.J. Wolcott. First called Cox & Cox Drug, it soon was named The City Drug and employed Dr. Wolcott's daughter, Constance, one of Oklahoma's first woman pharmacists. She was a graduate of the 1902 pharmacy school at the University of Oklahoma.

The upper story offices housed early day physician, Dr. A.M. Marshall, and lawyer, P.D. Erwin.


Address: 723 Manvel

Come visit us in Chandler, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Chandler Lake

Chandler Lake is the smaller of the two lakes in Chandler.

The lake offers excellent fishing while being adjacent to the Chandler Municipal Golf Course. There is plenty of parking and it does provide aboat ramp.

FEE SCHEDULE

Chandler, OK Recreation

Chandler Golf Course

The Chandler Golf Course is more than the ordinary 9-hole golf course. It also offers a Practice Putting Green and Driving Range. There is a club house lounge as well as snacks, sandwiches, chips, and cold drinks. There are cart rentals, club rentals, golf accessories, and restroom facilities.

Chandler, OK Golf Courses

Historical Murals

Five murals are displayed on the north wall of the Pioneer Museum. The acrylic paintings were done by artist and sculptor, Fred Olds, of Guthrie, Oklahoma. They are gifts of Col. and Mrs. John Embry, and depict area history. 1. Arrival Indians; 2. Cattle trails, first settlements; 3. Religion;

Chandler, OK Arts

Kee-Tilghman-Erwin House

National Register of Historic Places Built in 1898 by O.B. Kee, this mansard-roofed home was purchased in 1901 by famed Deputy U.S. Marshal, William Mathew "Bill" Tilghman, Lincoln County homesteader, sheriff, state senator, and one of the territorial lawmen known as the "Three Guardsmen."

Chandler, OK Historic Homes

Route 66 Gas Station

On the north end of the business district, look for the peaked roof of the vintage 1930's Phillips 66 station. Although no longer in use, the building reminds us of travel down the historic Route 66 which runs through downtown Chandler.

Chandler, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do Historic Buildings near Chandler, OK

WPA Pecan Bowl

Built during the depression as part of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's WPA program, the construction of Okemah's WPA Pecan ...

Stroud Library

Circa 1929; Art Deco architecture....

Morris House

Circe 1904, the only remaining building from Langston's territorial period, Formerly a boarding house for Oklahoma's Colored ...

Boley High School

Boley's school system was begun in 1909, and the existing school was built in 1930s. ...