Upcoming Events in Trenton Missouri
Midwest Extreme Dirt Track Racing
- There will be Pro and Pro AM Racers coming from Tennessee, South Dakota,
Illinois and Iowa, with the top racers competing Saturday night from across
There will be practice from 6pm to 9pm Friday night for the racers, come out
and watch them practice for FREE. Concession stand will be open for Drinks
and light snacks.
Saturday Gates open at noon, practice is from 3pm to 5pm, heats will start
Go to webiste for more information.
Address: North Central Missouri Fair Grounds , Trenton, Missouri
Spring Fling Expo
- Over 1000 people come through the Trenton Spring Fling Expo each year. This is a great, cost effective way to advertise your business during the Expo, as well as on KTTN and in the Republican Times. 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
A free Hawaiian Luau kids' game area will be held. Games will include limbo, ring toss, face painting, and kids' pictures taken by professional photographers Picture This Photography. Vendor booths will include free food tasting, products, and services. Over 30 door prizes will be given away during the Expo. Winners do not need to be present to win. Diamond earrings will be raffled off that were donated by Lauhoff Jewelry and Gifts. This family-friendly event will be held in a large handicapped accessible area.
Booth fees will include an advertising package on KTTN Radio and publicity in the Republican Times Newspaper. We will also be advertising in all area towns.
Vendors may set up beginning at 5:00 p.m. on Friday. There will be no food sales allowed, unless it is a packaged food item. Food samples to be given away are permitted.
Each vendor is to furnish a door prize worth approximately $25.00. Prizes will be given away throughout the day with a live advertisement. KTTN will be broadcasting live from the Expo.
Booths are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. A sign up form may be obtained by contacting the Trenton Chamber of Commerce. Deadline for registration is Friday, April 4th. Those signing up early get the most advertising coverage.
We look forward to seeing you at The Spring Fling Expo!!!!!!
Address: Ketcham Center, North Central Missouri College , Trenton, Missouri
Community Easter Egg Hunt
- The event begins at 9 o'clock in the Sesquicentennial Park at five points. Those participating in the Easter Egg Hunt are asked to take their own baskets. Children will be divided into age groups: three years and younger; those four to six years of age and from seven to ten years old. In addition, mentally and physically challenged persons also will be given an opportunity to participate in the hunt. Renae Lynch of Look At Me Photography will be taking pictures. And the Easter Bunny is expected to make an appearance.
The Trenton Downtown Improvement Association has received donations from numerous businesses, organizations, and individuals including more than 500 dollars cash to purchase Easter Egg Hunt supplies. KTTN Radio has donated four Easter baskets of goodies which will be given away (intact) during the event.
Address: Sesquicentennial Park , Trenton, Missouri
Wheels & Wine Car Show
- The Annual Wheels & Wine Car Show will be held at the Black Silo Winery in Trenton, Mo.
This premier Northern Missouri car show event is a free community event, no admission necessary. ALL ARE WELCOME!
Come out and enjoy beautiful classic and new cars and trucks, oldies music, food trucks, wine tastings & more all on the grounds of the Black Silo Winery.
8:00 A.M. (First 100 Entries receive a T-Shirt & Dash Plaque)
GATES OPEN PUBLIC
12:00 to 2:00 P.M.
3:00 P.M. (1st & 2nd Place in Each Class)
$20 per class (may enter multiple classes)
1. Fully Custom
2. Special Interest
3. Survivor Cars-Unrestored 20 yrs. or Older
7. Camaro, Firebird/Trans AM
9. All Makes & Models 1900-1964
10. All Makes & Models 1965-1999
11. All Makes & Models 2000-Present
12. Pick-up Trucks ’72 or older Original/Restored
13. Pick-up Trucks ’72 or older Modified
14. Pick-up Trucks ‘73 to present Original/Restored
15. Pick-up Trucks ‘73 to present Modified
17. Muscle Cars 1965-1975
19. Race Car Pro Street
20. Most Unique
• CHARITY CHOICE
• BEST OF INTERIOR
• BEST OF MOTOR
• BEST OF PAINT
• BEST OF SHOW
Contact us for any or further information at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Car Entry Committee Chair, Lindsay Stevens: 660-654-1123
This year the Wheels & Car Show is benefiting Life Options Green Hills.
Address: Black Silo Winery, 4030 East 10th Street , Trenton, Missouri
|27 - 31||North Central Missouri Fair - Country Showdown, Sanctioned Truck and Tractor Pull, Mutton Bustin', High Risk Bull Riding, Motocross and ATV Races, Demolition Derby.|
NCM Fair Demolition Derby
- Check in at 4:00 p.m. through high school parking lot-Show 7:00 p.m.
CONTACT Rob Baker 515-462-5775 or www.RandRpromotions.com .
Rules & Regulations posted on fair web page.
Address: Fairfgrounds , Trenton, Missouri
Art in the Park
- Beginning at 9:00 AM, our local downtown merchants will be sponsoring sidewalk sales. Be sure to include plenty of time in your day to browse their bargains and thank them for their participation.
We have a wide variety of artists and crafters who will open their booths at 12 Noon and will be selling their wares along Main Street. Some of the items for sale will be: original art work; handmade soaps, candles & lotions; handmade jewelry & dream catchers; hand made children's clothes; beaded children's socks, decorated flip flops, knit & crocheted items; fairy princess fashions & hand painted glass; and black & white photography.
The Grundy County Museum and The Trenton Art Guild building will be open with exhibits and works of local artists. Both buildings are in close proximity to the Sesquicentennial Park area and we encourage all to take the time to visit both.
At 2:00 PM, children's games will begin. There will be ring toss, bean bag toss, National Guard "Football Challenge", cheer with the Bulldog Cheerleaders, basketball hoops with NCMC players, face painting, photo opportunity, and a petting zoo.
There will be lots of food for our eating enjoyment. Hy-Vee, Chumbley's Kettle Corn, DAWGS, Advocacy Center, Nutty Grill, and Grundy County Museum are the vendors (at this writing) who will be selling their food "on the street," some beginning at 12 Noon. Also, that evening, Trenton's Elks Lodge will be cooking up "barbeque & all the trimmings" which will be sold by the plate.
5:00 entertainment at the gazebo in the Sesquicentennial Park.
At 6:00 PM, area teams will begin competing in the infamous BED RACES for the title of Trenton's "Bed Race Champion." This is sure to provide us with plenty of laughs for our viewing pleasure. In between "heats" of the races, we will be entertained by a kids "street skate" and local dancers.
8:00 PM will find us back at the gazebo, enjoying more live music. At evening's end, there will be a chance for an "Open Stage" which can include encores from earlier performances, a time for dancing to the music, or an old-fashioned "jam session."
This is a FREE event - no charge to participate as an artist, crafter, vendor or musician, and no charge to the public for attending. Can you think of a better deal? This is made possible through the generous donations from our Corporate Co-Sponsors: City of Trenton, Maggie's Mess of Books/Maggie Bush, Jim Bush, Hy-Vee Food Store, North Central Missouri College, PAR Broadcast Group, Trenton Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Trenton Rotary Club, Trenton Republican Times and US Bancorp Foundation. Additional co-sponsorship is provided by donations from other businesses in the community and from individuals. Financial assistance is also provided by the Missouri Arts Council, a state funded agency.
We have planned the afternoon & evening for your enjoyment. We hope to see you there!! Although there will be some bleacher seating available, we ask those attending the music activities to bring lawn chairs as seating in and around the Sesquicentennial Park is limited. (In case of inclimate weather, this event will be moved to the area in and around the Ketcham Community Center).
Annual Fish Fry and Movie
- Please help support the Trenton Rotary Club at their Annual Fish Fry and Movie at the Rock Barn.
*All you can eat fish dinner with desert. Dinner served 5:00pm - 7:00pm
*Free outdoor movie at dusk (bring your own lawn chair)
Annual Crank & Cruise Mountain Bike Race
- Bike trails, youth expert and 4 - 24 mi.
Address: Crowder State Park , Trenton, Missouri
|15 - 16||
Missouri Day Festival
- The Missouri Day Festival is the largest festival of the year for Trenton. Held the third weekend in October each year, this event brings in over 15,000 people to Trenton. This is a family-friendly event that hosts activities for persons of every age. Adults and children alike can shop with nearly 150 different vendors, play, eat and just have fun. In conjunction with the festival, we also host a marching band competition for high schools throughout Missouri.
The Missouri Day Festival began in Trenton in October 1984 to honor the history of our state. The event centers on the Rock Barn which is a limestone, octagon shaped building that is on the National Register of Historical Places. The third Wednesday in October was proclaimed Missouri Day in 1915 by the Missouri General Assembly. Governor Arthur M. Hyde, a Trenton, Missouri native, proclaimed October 18th as Missouri Day.
In 1997, the Missouri Day Marching Band Festival was added to their list of activities. There are around 50 high school marching bands that compete in different areas during our festival. You can see many of them marching in our very large parade, which takes place on Saturday morning. For those who enjoy watching the bands perform, you can follow them to the C.F. Russell Stadium where they will participate in field competitions all day long.
Trenton, Missouri is located on Highways 6 and 65 about 90 miles northeast of Kansas City or 100 miles south of Des Moines.
Annual Trick or Treat Night
- Businesses and organizations are being invited to participate in the event, which is being held to provide area children with a safe place to "trick or treat" on the last Monday night in October. As in the past, participants will set up decorated booths with candy and other Halloween-related items and children will be allowed to visit each booth to pick up their "tricks" or "treats." There will also be face painting available. Children are encouraged to dress up for the occasion as are those who have a booth at the event, which will be held from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
There is no cost to businesses and organizations for participation except for the decorations and items for their own booths.
Christmas in Trenton
- Several activities being planned in the downtown area to celebrate the season. The highlight will be "Living Christmas Displays" in windows of downtown businesses with the assistance of business owners, building owners and community members. The displays would then be open for public display during the evening from 5 to 7 p.m. when other activities will be going on in the downtown area. Businesses in the downtown area will decorate their windows with a "live display" depicting a holiday theme. Santa will join in at Sesquicentennial Park the greeting children.
Sponsored by the Trenton Downtown Improvement Association, the Trenton Area Chamber of Commerce and the city of Trenton.