The Village of Chesterhill was founded by Quakers in 1834 and incorporated in 1899. Built in 1908, the Union Hall Theater provided a venue for speakers, musicians, artists and dramatic entertainers of the Chautauqua educational performance circuit for the first few decades of the 20th century.
Beginning in the late 30?s or early 40?s, movies were shown that are still fondly remembered by many residents. Now a group of dedicated volunteers is reviving this 325-seat theater on a non-profit basis with exciting and diverse programming and raising funds to restore it to its original splendor.
Address: Union Hall Theater
Marion St & Coal St
Phone: (740) 554-6994
Come visit us in Chesterhill, Ohio