Valdese, North Carolina
Upcoming Events in Valdese North Carolina
Valdese Fourth of July Celebration
- Each year the Town of Valdese celebrates Independence day by holding an impressive fireworks display on the football field behind the Old Rock School.
Regarded as one of the most impressive fireworks displays in the area, the Town of Valdese sponsors this celebration with a brilliant light display that bursts at a lower altitude which allows for a variety of swirls and explosions. Plenty of ooohs and ahhhs for everyone! Fun for the whole family!
|9 - 7||
Outdoor Drama "From This Day Forward"
- Told through music, dance and drama. In its 49th season, "From This Day Forward" is the story of the Waldensians, a religious group from Italy that migrated to North Carolina in 1893 to establish a colony at Valdese. Fred Cranford, playwright. Performances Friday and Saturday nights only from Mid July to Mid August, 7:45pm.
Address: Old Colony Players Amphitheatre on Church Street , Valdese, North Carolina
|6 - 7||
- Since 1976, on the second Saturday in August, Valdese hosts an annual festival to celebrate the "Glorious Return" of the Waldenses from exile in Switzerland to their native valleys in the Cottian Alps of Italy in 1689. This celebration is mirrored around the world by other Waldensian communities.
The Waldensian Festival will concentrate on unique crafts, great food, and top-quality entertainment. To achieve this goal, the committee continues to search for wonderful artists, food vendors and entertainers from around the country. Choosing participants that will come together to make an unforgettable festival.
Ph: (828)879-2126 (Always call and confirm events)
|26 - 8||Trail of Lights - For over years, this event continues to grow. Using close to 100,000 lights, this beautiful light display is unique because it not only showcases the traditional Christmas theme but also includes several displays interwined with Waldensian Culture. The gift shop is open and ready to serve hot chocolate. Volunteers are very knowledgeable in Waldensian History.|
Annual Christmas In November
- Christmas craft show with over 35 craft vendors showcasing their Christmas decorations and gifts. Held Annually the second Saturday in November from 9am to 4pm at the Old Rock School. Enjoy an Open House at the Piedmont & Western Railroad Museum, Singing Christmas Tree, Refreshments & Door Prizes
Address: Old Rock School, Main Street , Valdese, North Carolina
Old Colony Players Annual Christmas Production
- Local theater group presents the production of "The Homecoming" in the Old Rock School auditorium. Sunday Showing at 3:00pm.
Interstate 40, exit 111 or 112
|27||Historic Valdese Annual Christmas Parade - Annual Christmas Parade featuring local marching bands, numerous floats and Santa Claus. Western & Piedmont Railroad Museum will have an open house following parade.|