Reverend G.V. Albertson joined the great race into what is now Blaine County and staked a lot for the Presbyterian Church in Watonga. In December of 1901 eleven members met to organize a Presbyterian Church. The cost to build the church was $1,387.99. Wages were paid to workers on the church were $2
The first owner purchased this building from the US Government in 1892. According to a local historian the owner accumulated a lot of property in and around Watonga. This property has been under the same ownership as 104 W. Main since 1951. Seven couples have owned this property from 1892 to date.
Built before the turn of the century this building was purchased in 1892. In 1917 it became a clothing store and remained a clothing store until 1970. It then became a well-known drug store. The same person owned 104 & 106 W. Main since 1951. It continued as a drug store until sometime in the 1980'
Watonga Cheese has a new facility in a new town but prides itself in its 70-year tradition to produce rich, handmade cheddar cheese full of flavor.
Now located in Perryton, TX we continue to use the original equipment and recipe that makes our factory stand out from the rest!
Mr. Rose built a two-story brick building in 1911. He owned and operated a hardware store on the ground level. The upstairs had several interesting businesses including a pool hall, photograph studio and dental offices. Watonga'