LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Ferguson Chapel

Reverend G.V. Albertson joined the great race into what is now Blaine County and staked a lot for the Presbyterian Church in Watonga. In December of 1901 eleven members met to organize a Presbyterian Church. The cost to build the church was $1,387.99. Wages were paid to workers on the church were $2

Watonga, OK Historic Churches

Barbara's - 1892

The first owner purchased this building from the US Government in 1892. According to a local historian the owner accumulated a lot of property in and around Watonga. This property has been under the same ownership as 104 W. Main since 1951. Seven couples have owned this property from 1892 to date.

Watonga, OK Historic Buildings

Noble House

The current Noble House structure was built in 1912 by Abe Bills, and replaced an old landmark wooden rooming house. The lower level of the new building housed a residence and a barber shop for Mr. Bills, his wife and daughter. The upstairs portion served as a rooming house. Abe Bills'

Watonga, OK Famous Homes

Blaine County Courthouse

The Blaine County Courthouse was built in 1906 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places

Watonga, OK Historic Courthouses

T. B. Ferguson Mansion Museum

The Ferguson Mansion was built in 1907 and is open for tours of its period furnishings and historic memorabilia. T.B. Ferguson, appointed Oklahoma's sixth territorial governor by President Theodore Roosevelt, is best remembered for his efforts to turn Oklahoma Territory into Oklahoma the State. <

Watonga, OK Museums

Things to do Golf Courses near Watonga, OK

Golden Oaks Golf Course

Golden Oaks Golf Course is a par-3, pitch and putt course located at Golden Oaks Village. Driving range and course are open f...

PSU Golf Course

An excellent 9-hole, par-three golf course and a fitness center at the university are available for public use. ...