Upcoming Events in Waverly Ohio
Maple Syrup Open House
- Mapleberry Farm is nestled in the hills of rural southern Ohio. Our sugaring operation began in 1986 as a winter hobby. It has now expanded into a full-time family business that provides us an opportunity to share with others not only the sweet taste of pure maple syrup, but also our love of country life. We welcome visitors young and old, tour groups and aspiring sugar makers to visit our sugar house during maple sugarin' season. Our gift shop is open in November and December for holiday shopping.
Address: Mapleberry Farm
Spring Wildflower Hike at Lake White State Park
- Come to the main parking area at Lake White and go on a hike to see spring's wildflower spectacular up close. For info call (740) 493-2212.
Address: Lake White State Park
|11 - 16||
Emmitt House Restaurant
- This restored, circa 1861 hotel, once sitting on the bank of the Ohio and Erie Canal, features fine dining in an atmosphere of a bygone era. The walls are filled with pictures from the era and reflects its history as one of the Scioto Valley's finest hotels. The various dining rooms reflect the business that was conducted there such as the Drummers Room, where hardware and dry goods salesmen would lay out their ware for the merchants to buy. See more at www.emmitthouse.com
James Emmitt was the original owner when the hotel was built and was porported to be the Scioto Valley's first millionaire. Among the carpenters hired for the project was Madison Hemmings, son of Sally Hemmings, who claimed until his death to be the illegitimate son of Thomas Jefferson, and so the controversy continues to this day.
This is just one of the fascinating stories that can be heard, as you enjoy the fine dining here which includes everything from great steaks to seafood and Italian cuisine. The Emmitt is just one hour from Columbus on US Rt 23 at the 5th traffic light in Waverly. And as in the past, "Strangers Welcome".
Address: The Emmitt House
|11 - 16||
Ameristay Inn & Suites - Waverly
- This newly built hotel features 64 rooms and suites with balconies overlooking the indoor pool, fitness center and whirlpool, interior corridors, serving a deluxe complimentary continental breakfast, complimentary USA Today, coffee pot, iron/ironing board, hairdryers, microfridge in select rooms, high-speed wireless internet, meeting facilties accommodating up to 35 persons, on site parking and fine dining just across the drive at Dakota's Steakhouse and Lloyd's Pizzeria across Route US 23.
Address: Ameristay Inn & Suites
|24 - 25||
43rd Annual Arts & Crafts Fair at Bristol Village
- Many unique creations that will be offered for sale by the residents include handmade toys, jewelry, dolls, woven items, paintings, Christmas decor, plant & garden items and a white elephant sale.
Address: Bristol Village
Jingle Bell Lantern Tours
- One of the more popular presentations of the Jingle Bell Weekend is the Lantern Tour. This year promises to be even better than the last one. Guests are invited to come join us as we listen to townsfold talk about their peers in the early days of Waverly.
One of the interesting practices of the residents in days gone by was to "go sipping." Since there was no radio and newspapers were not too informative of that day, it was one of the best ways to keep up to date about what was going on. Of course, those who went sipping would carry their gleanings back to their family members and to their friends in the form of exaggerated stories. A group of sixteen local actors will be participating in the script written and directed by Delmar Burkitt.
Customers are reminded that this is a nighttime walking tour and they should dress appropriately to be comfortable on the outdoor part of the program.
Lantern tours will be held on Sat. night, November 18 following the big Jingle Bell Parade. Tours will begin at 8:00, 8:30 and 9:00pm at the Canal Church of Christ on East North Street. Admission will be $6.00 per person. For more information contact Delmar Burkitt at 740-289-3570.
Address: Canal Church of Christ
Jingle Bell Wine Tasting and Art Exhibit
- The Jingle Bell Week end features a wine tasting and art exhibit at the historic Emmitt House in Waverly, Ohio. Experience a variety of wines, desserts and entertainment while viewing the art work of local artists in the area.
This is one of our most popular events during the Jingle Bell Holiday Kick Off.
Enjoy watching Ohio State play Michigan while enjoying your favorite wine and cheese.
Address: Emmitt House Restaurant
Jingle Bell Tour of Homes
The Historic Tour of Homes will be on Sunday, Nov. 18, 2007 in Waverly, Ohio.? Tours will begin at 1:00,1:45,2:30, 3:15 and 4:00 PM.? Four to five homes will be featured this year with historic narration during the bus transportation.?
Address: Pike Heritage Museum
|19 - 20||
Mystery Comedy Theatre
Enjoy suspense and fine dining?
Address: Waverly Auditorium