Built approx. 1832-1860, this Greek Revival two-story frome house has partial log construction. It is one of the oldest structures in Statesville. In 1865 it served as headquarters for Governor Zebulon Vance during his exile from the state capitol during the last months of the Civil War. (Statesville was NC's temporary capitol while Raleigh was occupied by Union troops and the Governor was here). The house is now operated as a museum by the United Daughters of the Confederacy and contains many "firsts" to Statesville along with pieces used by Gov. Vance and his family.
501 West Sharpe Street
Statesville, NC 28677
Come visit us in Statesville, North Carolina