Explore Nuckolls County
The City Park, on Highway 14 in the middle of town, was donated by the planner of East Superior, Austin Collette and William Loudon in 1880. The park contains a Chinese cannon which was brought from China by Lady Vestey. The park also has a memorial statue in tribute to our veterans.Superior, NE Recreation
Downtown Superior has been designated a National Historic District. Several of the storefronts have been restored to their original appearance or redecorated to accentuate the Victorian motif. The designated area covers four square blocks and is representative of business districts from 1883Superior, NE National Register
Now, nearly extinct as an educational institution, this one room school, built in 1884, stands proudly on the museum grounds - a monument to the importance the prairie pioneer placed on educating their young. Many a rural student was provided eight years of "readin','ritin', and 'rithmetic"Superior, NE Historic Schoolhouses
Superior's original building, a log cabin, was built by William Louden and several of his friends in 1872. The building served as a home, post office and trading post. As acting postmaster, Louden (paid $1 per month for his efforts) established "daily service,"Superior, NE Museums
The Victorian Festival Honoring Lady Vestey is held each year, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, on Memorial Day weekend to honor Superior's most famous former resident, Evelyn Brodstonte, Lady Vestey. Activites throughout the weekend emphasize the community'Superior, NE Festivals
From a samll farmhouse on the outskirts of pioneer Superior to a luxurious castle on a 30-acre estate within the London city limits.
From $12 a week as a stenographer to the highest salary paid to a woman in her day, comparable to $10 million in today's world.
<Superior, NE Famous People
This Colonial-style building was erected in 1908 by the Ladies Library Association under the Carnegie endowment program. The building is a striking example of Colonial and Dutch Colonial architecture. The Ladies Library Association was founded March 29, 1882. A frame building was erected in 1887Superior, NE Carnegie Libraries