Situated on the Republican River, Swanson Lake offers boaters and fishermen 4,794 acres of crystal clear water at top conservation pool. Nearly another 4,000 acres of public land are managed by the Game and Parks Commission for outdoor recreation and wildlife. The zoned, earth-filled dam was completed by the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation in 1953. It is 144 feet high and 8,620 feet long and measures 30 feet across at the top and a maximum of 800 feet at its base. The largest of the four Southwest Reservoirs, it stores water to irrigate some 16,440 acres of land.
Fees: Park Permits Required.
Location: 2 miles west of Trenton on U.S. 34