On March 1, 1906, the Carnegie Public Library was opened to the public. Through the years, many additions and renovations were made to the interior of the library. A hardwood floor was laid, fluorescent lights installed, and new shelving installed. The original tables were refinished and new chairs purchased. Currently in the foyer is a display case that was donated to the library after Hardin's Drug Store closed. On March 1, 1990 and a commemorative bronze plaque was placed outside near the front door listing the library on the National Register of Historic Places.
Come visit us in Missouri, Missouri