For fishermen, Canyon Lake offers walleye, largemouth bass, yellow bass, green sunfish, rainbow trout, bluegill, carp, channel catfish and crappie.
- A barrier-free fishing dock is located at Boulder Recreation Site.
- Largemouth bass (some as heavy as 10 pounds) are caught in Canyon Lake every year.
- Arizona Game and Fish Department annually stocks the lake with Rainbow Trout on a monthly basis, November to March.
- A 15 lb. state-record Largemouth Bass was taken from the shoreline of Canyon Lake.
- A world record, 1 lb. 11 oz. Yellow Bass was caught in 1985.
Hours: Year Round
Address: 15 miles NE of Apache Junction on SR 88
Come visit us in Arizona, Arizona