Visit the historic depots in the downtown district of Fremont in the vicinity of 1st and "D" Streets. There is the two-story brick Chicago & Northwestern Freight House built in 1903 after C&NW gained control of the Fremont, Elkhorn & Missouri Valley Railroad which began in 1869 (now the Fremont & Elkhorn Valley Railroad Steam Excursion Train route).
The second depot is Union Pacific Railroad station, site of the 1904 brick Union passenger station, accommodating passengers for both C&NW and Union Pacific. Razed in 1986, the station included a large freight wing as well as a seventy-foot tower.
Address: Vicinity of 1st and D Streets
Come visit us in Nebraska, Nebraska