Completed in 1910, the Bedford limestone cathedral was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in May 1996. French Canadian farmers established residency in Beaverville in the 19
Patriarchate of Moscow and all Russia. Established in 1907
North Arm is the oldest continuously operating Catholic church in the Springfield diocese. Founded in 1817 by 17
Mann's Chapel is the oldest church in Vermilion County. It was constructed in 1857
The Captain Richard A. Schram Memorial Museum and former Navy Chapel, named for a distinguished Navy flier, was originally erected at the Glenview Naval Air Station in 1945
The oldest masonry church in Northern Illinois (1840s)
The original Portiuncula Chapel in Assisi, Italy, takes its name from the "Little Portion" of land where St. Francis of Assisi is said to have received his call to serve the poor in the year 1208.
Petit Memorial Chapel was designed by Frank Llyod Wright and erected in 1907
Restored in 1984
Yorkville, Illinois is the county seat of Kendall County in which is located the oldest church building in the county, The Chapel On The Green. Dating back to 1855, the Chapel is Kendall County'
The Goddard Chapel is a beautiful bedstone sanctuary located in Marion's Rose Hill Cemetery. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the chapel was built in 1918
This Renasissance Gothic architectural masterpiece has a 222
This is the oldest French "Upright Log" Church in Illinois still in continuous use. It was built in 1799 with "Portteaux Sur Sole" (posts on sill)
Built in 1851
One of the smallest country chapels in the world. Built in the late 1880'
As the first community in Henry County, Andover's quaint chapel was endowed by the world famous opera singer Jenny Lind. Built in 1850, this chapel is the "Mother Church"
The Central Congregational Church, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was erected in 1898