These beautiful artifacts of bygone wars remain a mystery at Fort Leavenworth. They were cast in the 1700s in Paris;
The main parade ground was originally the center of post activities. Post reviews and parades were held here during negotiations with federal officials in the 1800s.
From 1943 to 1945 during WWII over 4,000 Germans were held in an internment camp where they experienced a type of freedom they had never known at home. Located on 157.5
On June 1, 1867, Lieutenant Colonel George A. Custer led a campaign from Fort Hays with a regiment of 1,100 men of the 5
The Fort Harker Museum is located in Kanopolis Ks. First Established as Fort Ellsworth in 1864 at the juncture of the Smokey Hill River and the Fort Riley/
Attractions and Services: Tribute Gallery, research database, research library, exhibits, educational programs, gift shop, WWII movie rentals, guest lectures, living history and reenactments