LASR.net Homepage




Menu

North Carolina Historic Homes

  • Green River Plantation

    Built in 1807, The Green River Plantation is a magnificent 42-room mansion. It is open for tours, as a Bed &

  • Newbold-White House: a Colonial Quaker Homestead

    From its location on the Perquimans River, the Newbold-White House tells the story of Abraham and Judith Sanders, a colonial Quaker family. Dating to 1730, the house is listed on the

  • Graystone Inn

    Graystone Inn

    An historic landmark and one of the most elegant structures in Wilmington, the inn has recently undergone extensive renovations and has been returned to its original "turn-of-the-century grandeur"

  • The Mebane House

    Built in 1853, on the high point of a 200

  • The Davenport Homestead

    Built by Daniel Davenport, Washington County's first Senator, in 1800. The homestead has preserved "A Place in Time"

  • Harmony Hall

    One of the oldest homes in Lenoir County, Harmony Hall has been tastefully restored with authentic 18th century furnishings. Built in 1772

  • Historic Dowd House

    Built in 1879, this home became the headquarters of Camp Green in 1917. Visits may be scheduled by reservation only. The house is open on the 3

  • Josephus Hall House

    This impressive house museum was once home to Dr. Josephus Hall, Chief Surgeon at the Salisbury Confederate Prison during the Civil War. Built in 1820 in the Federal style, additions in 1859 and in 19

  • Historic Latta Plantation

    The last remaining Catawba River Plantation open to the public. The 62-acre farm of James Latta consists of the original home and smokehouse, enhanced by 11

  • Foscue Plantation House

    The Foscue Plantation House built in 1803-04 is open for tours. The house stands at the heart of a sprawling plantation, reputed to have covered up to 10,000

  • Historic Hope Plantation

    Hope Plantation is located in southern Bertie County on the edge of Roquist Pocosin, four miles west of Windsor, adjacent to NC Highway 308. It was a grant in the 1720

  • Liberty Hall

    Guided tour of the Kenan family ancestral home, a restored Southern plantation of the 1800s. Eleven rooms, 12

  • The Hugh Torance House and Store in Huntersville

    Visit this marvelous house and mercantile establishment from the 1770's located on Gilead Road in North Mecklenburg. March through October 2 PM-5

  • 1812 Hitching Post

    1812 Hitching Post

    The 1812 Hitching Post was the birthplace of four-term N. C. Lieutenant Governor W. D. Turner in 1865 and was also owned by North Carolina Senator Columbus Vance Henkel in the early to mid-1900'