Tour guides recall the army fort construction that brought George Davenport to Rock Island on the Mississippi (now home to the Rock Island Arsenal) in 1816
One of the homesteads of the Cody family, built of stone in 1847 by Buffalo Bill's father. View restored home, stagecoach and buffalo.
Home of Iowa's first territorial governor, Robert Lucas, and his wife, Friendly. The seven-room Greek Revival house has been restored with pieces representative of the 1844-1853
Late 19th century middle-class home displays many antique furnishings. Don't miss the 1879 brick carriage house. Both buildings are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Victorian home built in 1895 includes local history museum and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It features leaded glass, a three-story turret and hand-carved woodwork.
Wright's first Iowa building, designed in 1908
In 1902 Meredith Willson, who immortalized his hometown of Mason City as River City in "The Music Man," was born in this 1895
Large Victorian home built in 1891, featuring antiques and collectibles from the Eldora and Hardin County area. Carriage house and library located on the grounds.
Cedar Rock, the Walter House, was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright for Lowell and Agnes Walter. This signed home was completed in 1950
This 1875 house has original furnishings and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
1871 log cabin of Scandinavian construction overlooks lake and park. Also visit 1872 Elk Township one-room school and annual flower gardens.
Built in 1900, the home is restored and furnished with period items and a pictorial history of Calliope and Hawarden.
Built by Pella's founder, Dominie Scholte, in 1847
Learn about pioneer living at this authentic 1910 log cabin, former clubhouse of "Hawk-eye Natives."
Tour this 1860s home that was once a stagecoach stop. See original painted murals and other historic features. Featured in "This Old House" Magazine, "Iowa Historian", and HGTV's "If Walls Could Talk"
A pottery was housed in this brick structure from 1865 to 1896. See parts of the kiln foundation, 22
Home built in 1840s was station on the Underground Railroad.
The Ray House is a three story Queen Anne style house built 1893-4