The Pennsylvania House Museum is a 24-room former stagecoach inn, built in the early 1800's along the Historic National Road. The museum has an extensive display of antique furnishings, antique dolls and one of the largest antique button collections in the U.S.
This tavern and inn was an important stopover for livestock drovers and pioneers traveling by foot, on horseback, or in Conestoga wagons during the westward expansion of the United States in the nineteenth century. Closed as an inn after the Civil War, it then served as a doctor's clinic, boarding house, and secondhand shop before falling into total disrepair.
The Lagonda Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution saved it from demolition in 1939 and have owned and operated it as a museum since.
Admission: $5.00 Adults, $2.00 students.
Hours: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, (March through December) Closed Major Holidays
Address: 1311 W. Main Street
Come visit us in Ohio, Ohio