The Rock Island Depot

category : Historic Depots
The Rock Island Depot The "Rock Island" Depot in Clarion was built in 1898 and restored in 1984, after it had fallen into disrepair. Originally built for the Burlington Cedar Rapids & Northern Railway, the tracks and depot were later taken over by the Rock Island Railroad. The building which now houses the Clarion Chamber & Development offices is available for rent fore meetings and/or small gatherings.

Renting the Depot
The Depot holds approximately 20 people, conference room style and 40 people via theater seating style. It has heat, AC, and restrooms. It does not have a full kitchen but does have a coffee pot, small refrigerator, and microwave. It has limited tables available and approximately 20 chairs. It is handicap-accessible and smoking is not permitted on the premises.

Cost is $50 per day. It is free to rent for Chamber members. Call the Chamber to check availability and book the space for any given date.

Admission: Open to the public
Hours: M-F: 9:00am-1:00pm
Summer Hours: 10:00am-Noon
Address: 302 South Main Street
Phone: 515-532-2256
Our Email:

Come visit us in Iowa, Iowa