Evangelische Lutherische Dreinenigkeit Kirche - National Register of Historic Places
Plans for the Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church were adopted in 1890, but construction did not begin until 1894. Brothers William and Jacob Scheffel, members of the congregation, were the primary builders. Born in Sulzfeld, Germany, the brothers learned the trade of masonry and stone cutting there. The church, the key building in the complex, is an excellent example of the Romanesque Revival style and is one of Nebraska's outstanding examples of small town stone church architecture. Trinity Church reflects subtle influences of German church architecture, primarily evident in its form, the cross shape, a favorite style among Germans. The complex also includes a frame school parsonage.
Address: 512 East Second Street (Hwy 30 East)
Come visit us in Nebraska, Nebraska