The theater was built by James Wheeler Love in 1888. In 1905 it was purchased by Louis P. Larson and renamed the L. P. Larson Opera House. The three-story brick and stone building is a landmark in ... Love-Larson Opera House
Dodge County was established in 1856. Fontenelle was named temporary county seat, but Fremont won the
county seat designation in 1860. J.J. Hawthorn donated land for courthouse purposes in 1866. In 1867 the county built the first courthouse, a two-story brick structure. In December 188
The original portion of the Museum structure, in the Italiante Revival style, was built by Fremont's first mayor, Theron Nye. The Museum is an elegant, two-story brick residence originally constructed in 1874
Take yourself back in Fremont's history with a self-guided tour of the Downtown District. The Fremont Historic Commercial District consists of an enclave of late nineteenth and early twentieth-century buildings that represent Fremont'
Visit the historic depots in the downtown district of Fremont in the vicinity of 1st and "D" Streets. There is the two-story brick Chicago & Northwestern Freight House built in 1903 after C&NW gained control of the Fremont, Elkhorn & Missouri Valley Railroad which began in 1869 (now the Fremont &