An outing to Rainbow Llamas owned by the Dickman's of Thedford, Nebraska, is educational as well as enjoyable, and the Dickmans are outstanding hosts and can answer all questions about llamas and their care.
Following the establishment of Thomas County, Thedford became the county seat in 1887, and a courthouse was built two years later. The courthouse served the county well until it was destroyed in a fire in 1920. After some delays a special election was held in 1923
This major attraction is a surprising discovery for many visitors ... even more so when they learn that it is owned and totally supported by a small art group ... the Thedford Art Guild. It is an inspiration for fellow artists and travelers alike, and a warm welcome is extended to all!
Located near Halsey, the Bessey Nursery, as originally established, comprised fifteen acres of land south of the Middle Loup River and included a two-story headquarters building, mess hall, barn, and shop building. The nursery was created in 1903
The Nebraska National Forest, located one mile west of Halsey and twenty minutes from Thedford along Highway 2 offers some of the most fabulous scenery in the state. It's been called a forest planted in the desert -- a ponderosa pine wilderness in the middle of the sandhills.