The Elgin House apartments was originally a 42 room hotel with a dining room that seated 80 guests, and provided billiard and card rooms.
It was built in 1886 of native stone, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Marion Historic Committee has prepared a tour of designated historic homes within the city. These homes range in design of the oldest cut stone of the Wm. Kellison Home dating 1879 to the elegant Victorian examples of the early 1900's.