LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Atchison, Kansas

  • Theatre Atchison

    Theatre AtchisonTheatre Atchison is a community theatre that annually presents four plays and a summer musical in the intimate setting of a renovated, historic church sanctuary. The theatre's capacity of 220 surround...
    Theatre Atchison
  • Royal Movie Theatre

    Royal Movie TheatreThe latest movies are shown on two screens at this historic theatre, which has been completely renovated. ...
    Royal Movie Theatre

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Atchison County Courthouse

One of 13 Kansas courthouses designed by George P. Washburn, this ashlar limestone building was completed in 1897, and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The clock tower was raised an extra 12 feet from the original design so that it could be seen downtown.

Atchison, KS Historic Courthouses

Jackson Park

Jackson Park is the largest park in Atchison and the center of community fun days as well as family outtings. It is a heavily-wooded area with hiking and biking trails, play equipment, shelterhouses and picnic facilities.

Atchison, KS Parks

Independence Park

On the Missouri river, the park offers camping, picnics, and fishing.

Atchison, KS Recreation

Amelia Earhart Earthwork

Atchison's newest memorial to its favorite native daughter is the one-acre Amelia Earhart Earthwork created by famed Kansas artist Stan Herd. This living portrait of Earhart lies on the berm of a hill overlooking Warnock Lake. It was created to celebrate Earhart's 100th birthday on July 24, 1997.

Atchison, KS Memorials

Visitor Information Center

The restored Santa Fe Depot, long a community landmark, serves as a Visitor Information Center and houses the Chamber of Commerce offices.

The center provides visitors with brochures, maps, and a helpful staff who can answer questions about sightseeing in the Atchison area.

Atchison, KS Visitors Centers

Things to do near Atchison, KS

Pony Express Memorial

This memorial commemorates the Pony Express route that briefly passed through Atchson County. "On September 14, 1861, the ...