Upcoming Events in Atwood Kansas
|17 - 19||
Early Rod Run
- Every year thousands of people descend on Atwood during the third weekend in May to see the Tri-State areas finest Street Rods and Classic Cars. The weekend is filled with events like Drag Racing that will transport you back to the 50's and 60's, a Poker Run, two dances, a live band, a Hog Roast and a Poker Run.
Whether your a resident of Atwood or thousands of miles away, make plans now to attend will be the BEST Early Rod Run ever. For schedules and more information, see the web site below.
Fri 3-9pm; Sat 9am-midnight; Sun 9am-noon.
|14 - 15||Rawlins County Rodeo -|
|4||Lake Atwood Day - Starting with a fishing derby, the whole day is geared for wonderful family fun, including a combination of music, food, contests, and fireworks.|
|4||Fourth of July - An old fashioned "Fourth of July in the Park" - ends in an array of Fireworks over Lake Atwood.|
Lake Atwood Ten-Mile Race
- The Ten-mile race is the oldest road race in Kansas. Runners come from the tri-state area to compete at 7:00 a.m. CDT.
The race is eight laps (plus 627 feet) around scenic Lake Atwood on a USATF certified (#KS11001DCR) hard surface course.
You get your splits and a chance at water every lap. There are always other runners nearby (not all necessarily on the same lap as you).
FOR MORE DETAILED INFO AND TEAM INFO CLICK ON LINK BELOW ----
Address: Lake Atwood , Atwood, Kansas
|15 - 19||
Rawlins County Free Fair
- The 4-H Clubs of Rawlins County get a chance to show their animals and projects. Extension office.
** Demo Derby **.
**Mud Bog Races**
Ph: 785-626-9630 (Always call and confirm events)
|13 - 15||
Annual Great U.S. Highway 36 Treasure Hunt
- Join us for mile after mile of garage sales and yard sales all along the 400 miles of U.S. 36 Highway in Kansas. From Elwood to St Francis overlooking the Missouri River to the Colorado border, 13 Counties. Lodging is available along the way so pack a bag and join us for the event.
US 36 sweeps the traveler along a pleasant, scenic highway from the wide Missouri River in northeast Kansas corn country through lush, rolling hills and friendly towns to the yucca-studded, semi-arid High Plains of western Kansas.
Towns along US 36 are among the gems in the crown of this historic, progressive state of Kansas, and they are interesting places to stop and rest. Get acquainted with Indian and pioneer museums that display our rich heritage, sculpture that commemorates it, and fairs, festivals, and rodeos that celebrate it.
Along US 36 you will find the site of Kansas' last Indian raid, a stage coach station, Pony Express stations and the birth place of "Home on the Range." We have great places to hunt and fish, as well as great places to live. Come see us today!
The Treasure Hunt is sponsored by the U.S. 36 Highway Association & Local Tourism organizations/Chamber of Commerce
For more information please contact Bonnie Youngquist, Secretary for the U.S. 36 Highway Association, Inc.
Smokin' on the Beaver BBQ Contest
- BBQ Contest. Contest in multiple categories. Food, Fun & Dance. Always the last weekend in September.
Address: Knights of Columbus Hall Atwood, KS - Lake Road â€“ Atwood, Kansas , Atwood, Kansas
Smokin' on the Beaver Antique Show
- OUR EVENT
You may wonder, what exactly is this Smokin' on the Beaver thing? Well, we are a BBQ Competition and so much more! Here's whats included:
A live band performance, yummy BBQ dinner fixed up by the competitors at 6:30 PM, home-made ice cream and cake provided for dessert, spectating at the chainsaw artist's booth, access to the beer wagon for all those 21+, live entertainment Friday and Saturday, a bouncy house for the kidos, and free range to mingle between competitors. And do they just do BBQ? Heck no! We have several different classes including Salsas, Sauces, Home-brews, Beans and more.
Enjoy the day while attending "Smokin' on the Beaver"!
For more information or assistance call
Address: Lake Atwood , Atwood, Kansas
|20 - 22||High Plains Food Coop Farm Tours - Take a tour around some of the farms in the nearby countryside. See how local farmers and ranchers produce beef, grain, pork, fresh fruits and vegetables, eggs, herbs and numerous other crops. Also, enjoy some of the local entertainment, and attend exciting workshops on local foods.|
|28||Lion's Fall Drag Races - Drag Races. Swap Meet.|