The 3-story native sandstone Castle was the first home of Baker University, Kansas' oldest 4-year college. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places , it was built in 1857 and 1858, at a cost of $3,200 and includes native wood - mostly walnut - woodwork. It provided a "
Case Hall is Baker University's first library building. Completed in 1907 with a grant from the Carnegie Foundation it is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places for its innovated construction for the time.
A white oak log cabin stands at the roadside park three miles east of Baldwin on Highway 56. Built in observance of Kansas' centennial in 1961, it now houses historical artifacts as well as hosting meetings and gatherings.