The grand old building was entered on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. Built in 1872, it was intended to be the County Courthouse, but was never used for that purpose. Through the years the building has been a city hall, theater, and college. In 1905
Erected by the Baxter Springs Chapter of the DAR in 1931, the marker is dedicated in Memory of Gen. James G. Blunt and his escort who, defenseless fell victims to the inhuman ferocity of guerillas, led by the infamous Quantrill in his raid upon Baxter Springs, October 6, 1863, in which 135
The log cabin was built east of the Lowell Cemetery in the 1870s. R.A. Hibbard built it as a home for his brother-in-law's family. Kent Lynch purchased the property and donated the cabin to the Historical Society in memory of Marsah Moncrief Lynch. In 1987
Located on the grounds of the Historical Museum, the marker commemorates the Black Dog Trail opened in 1803 by Chief Black Dog ( Manka - Chonka) and his band of Osage Indians who had a village nearby where springs once flowed freely.