LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Baxter Springs, Kansas

  • Historic Walking Tour

    Historic Walking TourWalk along the downtown sidewalks on both sides of Military Avenue. Posted on the store fronts of the historic buildings are framed accounts of the original occupants of each store, their dates, and s...
    Historic Walking Tour
  • Civil War Tour

    Civil War TourTake the self-guided Civil War tour of Baxter Springs. Visit 12 points of interest relating to the attack on Ft. Blair and the subsequent Battle of Baxter Springs. For example, SITE #2 - Quantrill div...
    Civil War Tour

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Tri-State Marker

See the Tri-State Marker and be in three states at once! The meeting point of Kansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri is 6 miles east of Baxter Springs on Highway 166/400. Turn south on the small paved road just west of the state line, and continue to the dead end. Built in 1938

Baxter Springs, KS Geographical Markers

Log Cabin

The log cabin was built east of the Lowell Cemetery in the 1870s. R.A. Hibbard built it as a home for his brother-in-law's family. Kent Lynch purchased the property and donated the cabin to the Historical Society in memory of Marsah Moncrief Lynch. In 1987

Baxter Springs, KS Pioneer History

Baxter Springs Historical Museum

The Baxter Springs Historical Museum is filled with exhibits depicting the various stages of the city'

Baxter Springs, KS Museums


Johnston Public Library

The grand old building was entered on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. Built in 1872, it was intended to be the County Courthouse, but was never used for that purpose. Through the years the building has been a city hall, theater, and college. In 1905

Baxter Springs, KS Historic Buildings

Things to do near Baxter Springs, KS

City Parks

Kiwanis Park Playground tables, grill and rest room are adjacent to soccer fields. Located at the east edge of B...

GAR Monument

The "Soldiers" Monument was erected in Neodesha Cemetery in 1908 under the auspices of Humphrey post 145, of the Grand Army o...