Bolivar living is enhanced by three public parks, Dunnegan Memorial Park is on the north side of Bolivar. It is equipped with pavilions, rest rooms, picnic tables and playground equipment, plus, a small lake populated with ducks, geese, and peacocks.
The Polk County Courthouse, completed in 1907, dominates the square in the county seat of Bolivar. Both the county and the city were organized in 1835. The county covers 642 square miles and is home to about 27,000
The North Ward Museum is housed in the North Ward Elementary School built in 1903 which was purchased by a local family and donated to the Historical Society of Polk County. Hundreds of objects and documents touching on area history are on display and stored in the Museum'
The Ella Carothers Dunnegan Gallery of Art is the permanent home of the Dunnegan and Wainscott art collections. The wide range of individualistic styles and subjects makes the gallery an ideal place for an "on the spot"