Boone, North Carolina
Upcoming Events in Boone North Carolina
New Zumba Class
- Zumba is a Latin inspired dance fitness class. With 7.5 million people taking classes each week all around the world Zumba is one of the most popular fitness classes in the world! Northwestern Studios is now offering Zumba Monday nights at 7:00.
$10.00 per person
$80 for 10 classes.
Check out www.totalzumbanc.com for more information on classes and special events.
Appalachian Summer Festival
- Annual month-long festival of music, theatre, dance and the visual arts on July nights. An Appalachian Summer Festival began as a chamber music festival and has developed over the years to become one of the nation's largest regional multi-arts festivals with over 26,000 people in attendance each year. Presented by the Appalachian State University Office of Arts & Cultural Programs, the annual arts celebration is held every July on and around the university campus, and features an eclectic, diverse mix of music, dance, theatre, visual arts and film. For nearly a decade, the festival has been named one of the "Top Twenty Events in the Southeast" by the Southeast Tourism Society.
Address: Appalachian State University , Boone, North Carolina
|4||Downtown Boone July 4th Parade and Merchant Crawl - Experience small town America at its finest with a procession down King Street. Complete with floats, local celebrities, beauty queens, and fire engines. Afterwards, enjoy the merchant crawl and fireworks!|
|20 - 21||
High Country Farm Tours
- Stop by the Cooperative Extension office at 971 W. King St. in Boone, and pick up tickets and a self-guide booklet with directions. Tickets are $20 per car, $15 in advance (subject to change). The High Country has a wealth of variety in farming, from organic vegetable growers to Christmas tree farms to Alpaca or Llama farms, among others. This agritour usually includes Watauga, Avery and Ashe counties.
From downtown Boone, follow 421/King St. west. The extension office will be on your left at 971 W. King St. Pick up your map and tickets there.
Address: 971 West King Street , Boone, North Carolina
|24||High Country Beer Fest - The High Country Beer Fest is a celebration of craft beer from around the region and the world. Come sample outstanding beers and delicious food in the beautiful high country of North Carolina. Educational seminars will cover aspects of beer tasting, brewing, and food pairing. In 2012, all proceeds were donated to the Appalachian State University Fermentation Sciences Program, the Hunger and Health Coalition and the North Carolina Brewers' Guild. Follow updates on Facebook.|
|30 - 31||
Boone Bike Rally
- This event will feature bikes, biker games, wet T-shirt contests, and bands on Saturday night at 8pm.
Address: High Country Fairgrounds, 748 Roby Greene Rd , Boone, North Carolina
Kraut Creek Festival
- Enjoy the arts and craft vendors, food vendors, local bands, restaurant specials, educational programs, and games at this annual event.
Address: King Street , Boone, North Carolina
Boone Heritage Festival
- Celebrating Appalachian heritage and Daniel Boone history, with 18th century living history demonstrations, craft vendors, children's activities, plus traditional, old-time music and storytelling by the region's best performers. 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Address: Horn in the West Complex, 591 Horn in the West Dr. , Boone, North Carolina
|26||Boone BOO! - Ghosts, ghouls and goblins hit the streets of Downtown Boone for the Annual Downtown Boo! The fun begins at 4:00 pm at the Watauga County Library on Queen St. There will be scary stories, songs and activities for the kids. Then at 4:30 pm we will have a parade to the Jones House and Trick or Treating with the Merchants in Downtown Boone. Participating businesses will be designated with balloons and streamers. Maps will also be provided so no candy or treats will go uncollected. Join us for some scary fun and lots of treats in Downtown Boone. For information call 828-268-6280.|
|15 - 17||
Christmas Show at Boone Mall
- On this Thanksgiving Weekend will have 40 artists coming in from all over the country from Vermont to Missouri to Florida to bring what they handmade, one of kind items . What great time to find that unique & hard to find gift.
From pottery to several jewelry people, to Delightful Dips to sample & buy,lighted snowmen, furniture of all types ceder chest, shelves, etc pillows, quilts, stuff toys, heat packs,baskets, country signs, metal chimes, tie dye clothing,knitted hats & gloves & so much more.
Show Hrs Friday & Saturday 10am to 9pm-Sunday 12.30-5.30pm
Information/Directions-Boone Mall 828-264-7286
Crafter information -828-733-0675 or email
Address: Boone Mall 1180 Blowing Rock Rd-Hwy 321 , Boone, North Carolina
Lighting of the Town
- Boone kicks off the holidays with the annual lighting of the town.
Hwy. 321 and 421 merge and become King Street through downtown Boone. Enjoy area restaurants, specialty shopping, art galleries and holiday decor.
Address: King Street , Boone, North Carolina