Upcoming Events in Burnet Texas
Hill Country Lawn and Garden Show
- Jump into spring! Exhibits featuring a variety of plants, specialty items, lawn art and much more! Demonstrations of products and equipment. Free seminars. Vendors, food, raffle and free admission. Sponsored by the Texas Cooperative Extension office of Burnet County.
Address: Burnet Community Center , Burnet, Texas
|5 - 7||Bluebonnet Festival - Something for everyone! The Bluebonnet Festival Parade is one of the best in the state! See the Highland Lakes Squadron flying show during the day and the Destruction Derby in the evening. Festivities include the Burnet Gunfighter's Shootout, the arrival of the 143-ton Hill Country Flyer train, the Kiwanis Bicycle Tour, a 5K run, a custom car show and lots of food and craft vendors. Kids will especially enjoy the pet parade, bicycle decoration judging and the carnival. Live entertainment on stage all during the weekend. Always the second weekend of April.|
|4||Ol' Burnet Square Market Day - Everything from antiques, crafts, clothing, pets, food, jewelry, fun and lots more! 2nd Saturday in May.|
|11 - 12||
Highland Lakes Annual Barbecue Cookoff
- Live music, vendors and lots of fun. Trophies given for brisket, ribs and chicken, and showmanship. Law enforcement eligible to enter the Wild Game category. IBCA sanctioned event. Open to the general public. Hosted by the Burnet County Sheriff's Department. 3rd Weekend in May.
Address: Burnet County Fairgrounds , Burnet, Texas
|14 - 15||
Burnet County Area Fair
- Old-fashioned county fair featuring judged exhibits of arts, crafts, baked goods, preserved foods, needlework, and vegetables, along with demonstrations, kids' activities, and an ice cream crankoff with free tastings. 3rd weekend in June.
New attractions and special events spotlight each year. Please don't miss our special opening ceremonies each morning with the Presentation of Colors.
The Fair Committee would like to invite citizens "young and old" from Burnet, Bell, Blanco, Lampasas, Llano, San Saba, Travis and Williamson Counties to enter the fair.
|5||Ft. Croghan Day Festival - Take a step back in time! Mingle with cowboys, Indians and frontier men and women as they enjoy the activities of the day. Events include bread making, needlework, quilting, churning butter, making corn syrup, sausage making, blacksmith shop, live music and more. Visit actual buildings and houses that are remnants of Texas history. Visit the museum to see tools, farming equipment, old telephone switchboard, medical and dental equipment, vintage clothing, etc. from life in the 1800s. Great family fun! Held the second Saturday in October from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.|
|12||Ol' Burnet Square Market Day - Everything from antiques, crafts, clothing, pets, food, jewelry, fun and lots more! 3rd Saturday in October.|
|29 - 9||
Main St. Bethlehem
- Ancient Bethlehem comes alive in Burnet the first and second weekend in December as townspeople and street vendors recreate the time of the birth of Jesus. A cast including animals, blacksmiths, soldiers and craftspeople transport you to that miraculous night. Open 6-9 p.m.
Ph: 512-756-4481 (Always call and confirm events)
Christmas at Ft. Croghan
- Come on home to visit the folks at Christmas as real life families and organizations celebrate the holiest of seasons as their ancestors once did. Enjoy a Christmas cookie and some hot cider as you stroll along the luminaries lined path and see what it might have been like to experience Christmas in the 1800's. Decorated with boughs of fresh greenery and Christmas trees cut from nearby ranch land, the cabins of Fort Croghan come alive with the sights and sounds of Christmas. 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. Second Saturday in December.
Address: Highway 29 West , Burnet, Texas