This site preserves part of a military post established as Camp Creeley in 1872 to provide protection for work gangs building the Northern Pacific Railroad. The camp's name was changed to Camp Hancock in 1873. A log headquarters building still stands on the site. It has been enlarged and remodeled several times and the logs have been concealed by clapboard siding. The building serves as an interpretive museum for artifacts and information about local history.
Come visit us in Bismarck, North Dakota