Upcoming Events in Carthage Missouri
Fairview Elementary PTO Yard Sale
- Rain or Shine. Fairview Parent Teacher Organization is hosting this Yard Sale as our spring fundraiser. Come shop indoors and support our wonderful school! Most items $.50, others priced to sell. Find a treasure, help the Tigers! Cash only, please. 8:00am to 2:00pm.
Address: 1201 E Fairview Ave , Carthage, Missouri
|28||City Wide Garage Sale - Contact Amber at The Carthage Press to promote your garage sale. Citywide Garage Sale is $20.00 that also includes the City Permits. Deadline to get on the Citywide map is Wednesday before the sale on Saturday.|
- The Missouri Department of Conservation has partnered with the Harry S Truman Coordinating Council to implement the Missouri Local Environmental Advisory Forum (LEAF) program in Jasper, Newton, Barton, and McDonald County.
Open house style forums will be conducted this summer as a place for county residents to gather and discuss environmental issues that are most important to them. Stations on a variety of topics will be staffed by experts who want to hear your ideas and will share with you close-to-home conservation success stories. Join us at the Carthage Water and Electric Community room on July 7 from 3-7pm.
Address: Carthage Water and Electric Community Room , Carthage, Missouri
Carthage Historic Downtown Art Walk
- The Carthage Historic Downtown Art Walk is a showcase and celebration of the best galleries, artists, photography, restaurants, shops and businesses located in downtown Carthage, Missouri. The community of is home to many nationally known artists and we celebrate local artists by holding the Carthage Historic Downtown Art Walk three times throughout the year. It is a free self-guided tour of the participating businesses and galleries that are located on the Square and one block immediately off the Square. Sponsored by the Carthage Council on the Arts.
Address: Central Park , Carthage, Missouri
|13 - 16||
Focus Conference Fair
- Our church annually hosts a Focus Conference. On Saturday from 12-4 we are hosting a huge Fair for the community. We will have something for all ages... free food (while it lasts), The Fire Dept w/Fire Truck, Rescue Squad, Police Dept. Ronald McDonald House, FREE Digital Fingerprinting, FREE Horse Back rides, Carthage Animal Shelter (Adopt a Pet), Vintage cars from Lost In The 50's, Bounce houses for children, FREE face painting, a TON of vendors with a huge variety of products/services, etc. Every vendor will have a door prize which we will be giving away. After the vendors shut down, there will be Christian music by Urshan Chorale. Come One, Come All. Bring a friend. Contact John or Sheila Hall 417-388-2476 or 417-388-2941
Address: 1700 Prosperity Rd. , Carthage, Missouri
|2 - 14||
Maple Leaf Festival Quilt Show
- Presenting a national traveling exhibit of Route 66 mini quilts, along with contemporary local quilts featuring transportation, fall season, and maple leaves.
Daily 10 am to 5 pm except Sundays (12:30 to 4:30 pm).
Address: Powers Museum, 1617 West Oak Street , Carthage, Missouri
|6 - 13||
Annual Maple Leaf Festival
- Started in the late 1960's as a marching band competition, the annual Maple Leaf Festival received its name thanks to Mother Nature. Every year, surrounded by an array of glorious fall colors, the city of Carthage proudly welcomes 80,000+ visitors to this wonderful call celebration.
Every year, on the third Saturday of October, the biggest day of the festival begins with the largest parade in Southwest Missouri. This keystone event begins at 9 a.m. and ends around noon. The parade route begins on the Carthage Historic Square and ends at the Carthage Middle School. Numerous events are scheduled throughout the day to entertain young and young at heart including Willie Arthur Smith's Marching Cobras, an arts & crafts festival, car and dog shows, quilt show, food vendors and live entertainment. The rest of the festival is filled with a variety of activities including a 5K/10K/family fun walk, beauty pageants, baby and toddler contests, dog skill competition, chili cook-off, gospel sing, and a lip-syncing competition. For over 45 years, the Maple Leaf Festival continues to offer family style fun in a hometown atmosphere.
Address: Carthage Square, Grande Ave. , Carthage, Missouri
|12 - 13||
Carthage Maple Leaf Car Show & Cruise Night
- Carthage Maple Leaf Car Show & Cruise Night: Cruise Night - Friday on Historic Carthage, Mo. Square, 302 S. Main 6pm - 9pm. Oct. 18th - 34th Annual Maple Leaf Car Show & Swap Meet. Pre Reg. $10 - $12 after Oct. 1st, 26 Classes. Located at the CMC on the corner of Grand Ave. and Fairview Ave. (1900 South Grand Ave.)
Car Show Info: Larry - 417-246-5523, Alan - 620-856-2020, Swap Meet: $25, Car Corral $5 contact Randy - 417-358-4831. Register online, email us, or follow us on Facebook.
|16 - 25||
Precious Moments Inspiration Park's Annual Christmas Lighting Ceremony
- The Annual Christmas Lighting Ceremony at Precious Moments Inspiration Park begins at 5:30 p.m. in November and runs through December. The ceremony is free to the public and features thousands of lights & holiday decorations.
Address: Precious Moments Inspiration Park , Carthage, Missouri